I clocked 208 km this week. I can't recall running that far in a week during my 30 or so years of running. On Sunday I ran 54km which lifted the mileage. And on Saturday I ran a solid 21 km at 4:12km pace. My hip/pelvis is feeling much better and only grabs if I spend too much time on rough trails.
I still get bit concerned about despondent about losing my speed. I like the feeling of running all out over the shorter distances. Anyway, I suppose I can run relatively comfortable at 4 to 4:20km pace but running faster is really hard going. I don't know how to get the "speed" I had last year back without wrecking myself. This time last year I ran in 17:30 for 5 km and ran78 minutes for 21.1km. Arrh well... priorities.
I still get bit concerned about despondent about losing my speed. I like the feeling of running all out over the shorter distances. Anyway, I suppose I can run relatively comfortable at 4 to 4:20km pace but running faster is really hard going. I don't know how to get the "speed" I had last year back without wrecking myself. This time last year I ran in 17:30 for 5 km and ran78 minutes for 21.1km. Arrh well... priorities.
| Live long and prosper. |
No comments:
Post a Comment