APRIL 3 to 9. Another solid week. Visited physio on Tuesday and he worked on my upper back as well as trying to loosen my lower back and QLs. He's doing a bit each time on my hip/pelvis. I nearly sacked him but I am glad I discussed things with him and that he was very responsive.
My Quasimodo session of 20x400s on a dirt trail with a hump in the middle was the fastest I have run during this preparation. Can't say I felt good or anything - actually I felt crap -but I just ran faster for no apparent reason than expected.
On Sunday I ran a lap around Mt Cootha in 55 minutes. This stirred my back up a bit. The downhill isn't kind to old joints. Speaking of old, I turned 64 on Monday. And guess what song has been rolling around in my head?
I don't feel like I am 64 years old and yes the old cliché applies (I don't act like it). The thing is I refuse to act like it. I tip my hat to other old folks who stay young at heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment