I cruised through 96 km total for the week. I had few sleep ins and no gardening or anything that might aggravate my back. I didn't run any hills. My key sessions: Tuesday 5x 1 km in just under 4 minutes each; Thursday: 10 light 400m or so pick up with 200m wind downs; Saturday 10km in 40 minutes. I hope Saturday wasn't too solid. Cruised through 20km on Sunday. I set out to just run 5:10s but ran a bit quicker.
I have found a few Strava downloads and will use these as a pacing guide for CMA. The runners finished strong and started slow. Hopefully, a helpful guide that accounts for the terrain.
Below is a pretty standard profile. The landmark that i can't wait to pass by. The advice i will adhere to (Lindsey Parry is the official CMA coach and he and Brad Brown are a great resource whose advice has been a big help to myself and a lot of runners). And that bloke Bruce "Digger" Hargreaves who has been a great help with the logistics of getting to SA. Bruce is the Australian Ambassador and an experienced Comrades participant. Anyway, that's it. Next week will be travel, recci, rest and race.

![]() |
| Lindsey Parry and Brad Brown are a great assett for Comrades runners. Their Webinairs have been so very helpful. |
![]() |
| Digger Hargreaves (the bearded runner) running with his 15,000 or so friends. |



Ron, I have been following your blog and just want to wish you well. You inspire many older runners and show what is possible and achievable if you put the work in. Hope you have a great time at Comrades and enjoy the experience. Dave Scroope
ReplyDeleteTHANKS DAVE
DeleteTHANKS DAVE
Delete