Saturday, 27 May 2017

USUAL GRIND

MAY 8 to 14.  This week it was back to my usual grind.  My hard sessions were all a bit slower than expected.  I worry that the cold i have been dealing with is one of those that leaves you with some sort of fatigue syndrome.   I also had all my shots for my visit to South Africa.

 I really hit my straps on Saturdays run.  Felt strong on the hills.  Heaps of season bests up the various hills on my regular course for CMA preparation.  I do worry that i haven't done enough long, solid hills of about eight kms.   Too late now.

I have decided to wear Kinvara 8s for CMA.  My 62 km run last week was trouble free as far as shoes go.  That included a few laps of Mt Cootha with all the downhill pounding.  Below are my Kinvara 7s,which were on special (and a bit colourful for me, but a dollar here and there adds up). Besides  i wanted to try them without obligation.  Also i have a pair of a Ride 9s, which are bit clunky for me.  And further down the Kinvara 8.  The difference is the 8s have a full length Evenrun.  I do think that these shoes feel the same at the finish of a run as they do on the outset.  Anyway, my choice.  http://www.saucony.com.au/kinvara-8-marl-black-d-s203631-000


No comments:

Post a Comment