March 6th to 12th. Yeah. It's that time in my preparation where it is about simply logging miles. To be honest i am not sure what i am doing. Just following the advice an accomplished CMA runner who says to pretty well stick to your usual marathon preparation but include a few longer long runs. I have been told that it is most important to make the Sunday run longer and sometimes much hillier. I have increased the length of my Wednesday and Sunday runs.
I have also reduced the quality for the sake of quantity on my long rep day; my up-tempo, marathon pace day; and my 400 "speed" session is on a dirt trail with a 5% rise hump in the middle section. My track session and tempo runs are now on hillier courses;especially my Saturday up-tempo, pace run. So pretty much my usual marathon build-up stage with even more emphasis on endurance and strength.
I have to admit i get a bit frustrated at losing my already limited speed. I thought i would at least be able to keep my park runs under 18 minutes. Arrh well....I guess that partly explains CMA's 2017 logo:
Well thus far my Comrades preparation has just taken my already limited speed😊. Feel pretty good about my running otherwise.

RIP Ed Whitlock this week, he said "before my 2:54 at 73 i ran three months of 3 hours each day (7 days a week) at a plod", he ran a 37 minute 10k off that!
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me you've got speed to burn Ron.