Thursday, 16 February 2017

RELIVING MY HAY DAYS: EXPERIMENTING WITH MYSELF

FEBRUARY 6 to 12. This week I decided to relive my younger days and run a week out of my diary from when I was at my best about 25 years ago   I knocked up 182 km, albeit a lot slower than my younger self.  It was fun in a way that resembled, not just not being able to look away from a train wreck, but more like driving along a train line in an old maintenance car and hoping that an unscheduled  train doesn't come around the bend and send you off track.  

My physio worked on my back on Wednesday and I am virtually pain free.  I still have to be careful as it starts to get angry when doing speed work and gardening.  I really need leg massage though.  Quads are sore.  I will probably seek out Wayne Cooley.  Looking forward to an easier two weeks so as to recover a bit for Orange Marathon.  Then, after recovering,  I will begin Comrades preparation. I can't wait.
Must be vigilant and relentless, if you want to stay on track and avoid a train wreck. 



2 comments:

  1. 180k wow!!!
    Future topic suggestion: 'what does the RunningMaster eat?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. vegemite sandwiches :)

    ReplyDelete