Saturday, 11 February 2017

AUSTRALIA DAY MARATHON WEEK

Catch up (January 23 to 29): I try to have an easy week every three to four weeks.  I try to include a race on fresher legs.  So I lined up for the "Day of the Tall Ships Australia Day Marathon" out at Mansfield on the south side of Brisbane.  We had a great day.   For me it was an old-school day of racing without all the bells and whistles.  Just good down to earth running.   Bruce Hargraves and his helpers are much appreciated.

I managed to run 3:22:44 without busting a gut.  I would have been pleased with 3:39.  I was a bit worried that running so far on concrete might bother my back but I pulled up okay, and the only discomfort I had was on the few rough bits - especially the downhills.  The support from the other runners out on the course was also much appreciated.

 42.195km Results
Place FirstName LastName Age Gender Country Finish Time
1 Kevin Muller 47 Male AU 3:16:12
2 Trevor Warburton 49 Male AU 3:18:07
3 Ron Peters 63 Male AU 3:22:44
4 Kelly York-Potgieter 33 Female AU 3:41:45 F1
5 Carl Schoddle 37 Male AU 3:58:45
6 Sebastian Pinel 37 Male AU 4:04:23
7 Geert De Jonckheere 57 Male AU 4:07:40
8 Victor Lunt 50 Male AU 4:11:33
9 Johanna Skinner 51 Female AU 4:23:37 F2
10 Greg Parks 53 Male US 4:46:46
11 Duncan Erasmus 25 Male NZ 4:49:55
12 Roger Black 51 Male AU 4:53:50
13 Ash Bradnam 44 Male AU 4:53:56
14 Jodie Bradnam 41 Female AU 4:59:12 F3
15 Alexandra Solitua 40 Female AU 5:03:14 F4
16 Sarah-Jane Marshall 38 Female AU 5:10:07 F5
17 Elaine Reyes 46 Female AU 5:14:16 F6
18 Nathan Stevenson 35 Male AU 5:27:22
19 Craig Schooth 46 Male AU 5:30:44
20 Beverley Green 56 Female AU 5:37:25 F7
21 Jane Sturzaker 64 Female AU 5:43:17 F8
22 Raymond James 67 Male AU 5:43:49
23 Stephen Lewis 58 Male AU 5:58:36
24 Paul Crouch-Chivers 68 Male AU 7:17:25
25 David Cannings 60 Male AU 7:34:35
Pete Smeulders 55 Male AU DNS
Blair Venn 41 Male AU DNS


NEARLY THERE






No comments:

Post a Comment