My physio visit again proved worthwhile. Felt sore the day after from where he worked on my glutes but was great the day after the day after. He also spent time mobilising my stiff joints in my back and this has been a really noticeable improvement. I have also taken to having a hang on an inversion table that has been sitting in the corner for years. I don't particularly like hanging upside like a vampire bat, but it seems to help. It really freaks me out when my back cracks. Something to do with a sort of vacuum between joints.
This week I purchased some new shoes online. I have no disclaimer to declare. I know the local rep lives up the road but I have always liked Saucony and had decided long ago to try something else once my Nikes were finished (I purchased four pairs of the Lunar Spider LT,when I heard they were to be discontinued). For the past few years I have been doing my long runs in Nike LunarSpider LTs. I was getting the LTs directly from Japan and anywhere I could find them on the net. Best shoes ever for me. Anyway, I ran 36 km in my new Saucony Ride 9s pretty well straight out the box. I don't know. The shoes aren't as soft as I would like. However, they don't go off at the end of the run like some other brands. Actually, during the last 10 kms I didn't think of my shoes, so that was a good sign. I also found that when I upped the pace to over say 4:40 they felt a lot better. I might be just running too slow. Also, I have heard that Saucony are a narrow shoe so opted for a size 10. So the shoes were a bit long. The front of the toe box is wide but around the arch is fairly narrow. I think the idea is to hold the foot, whilst still having room in the toe box for the toes to splay appropriately. And the other thing is maaannn ...I was really leg weary after yesterday's hilly run. Any shoe would feel extra responsive when the pins are feeling fragile.
Below is me wearing in my Saucony Ride 9. It doesn't take much to irritate me when I am vacuuming, so, if they survive the housework, they must be a half decent product.
| Admiring my latest delivery. The Kinvaras were on special. Horrid colours for an old-school runner, but cheap, so.. |
| The ultimate survival test for new footwear.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment