There isn't much to report this week. I did have a massage. I have had about four in twenty years of running. It shouldn't be so hard to find a massage therapist who gets runners. Anyway, it was more of girlie relaxation massage than a remedial runner's massage. I would definitely recommend her to, say, my wife, but to other runners looking to get those niggles sorted, I'd have to say look elsewhere. I am going to try the physio in that complex next week. I would much prefer a muscle-skeletal therapist but I haven't a clue as to where to find a keeper. I really need someone to take care of my back and other niggles if I am to get to Comrades.
This week's training has been okay. I have increased my mileage from 118km to 126km. The other thing is I have joined Strava . It's a whole new world. Here I am thinking I am the one of the few out there on the trails. They're everywhere these runners.
It is great, but the segments can be a bit of trap. I found myself thinking of having a real crack at some segments, then I had to chastise myself with a solid bit of internal monologue about staying on track and getting my priorities right. I think it was internal self talk!??? 😄.
I have been watching a far bit of Comrades on my smart TV . The human spirit is amazing and "The Spirit of Comrades" certainly shines in Comrades (and just about any race running race I guess it depends on your particular obsession or interest). The motif for 2017 is ZINIKELE "It takes all of you." And I intend to give as much as I reasonably can give in training. In the race I guess me and my central governor will be going toe to toe. I love that aspect of running.
No comments:
Post a Comment