Sunday, 25 December 2016

Getting Back on Track.

Okay.  Well this week I managed to get back to my base mileage of around 140km.  Quality is pretty slack but that will improve with time and at the correct time.  I had intended to hold last week's mileage to consolidate but decided to rely on my base and the 10 percent rule to edge up to 140km or so.   Now I will mainly just add miles onto my two long runs, especially Sunday.  Today's long run (DEC 25) tells me that I will dip under 3:40 for the "Australia Day Convicts and Wenches Marathon" as a training run on January 26.  This run will be fun as...😊

I tried out a physio this week.  I have had a few bad experiences with physios, so have been a bit wary.   Anyway, I saw Tim West at North West Physiotherapy (a pun?).  His main interest is basket ball.  He is pretty tall person, so has to jack the massage table up a far way.  I even bumped my head on the ceiling when I was sitting up after he had finished mobilising my sore back..  Anyway, he is now my go-to guy for  my Comrades  Marathon preparation. 

My sore back is improving and I feel like I am on a razors edge with the bloody thing.  It can feel okay when I get a bit fired up, but it can bite me when I cool down.  I am not used to being so conservative (or should I say risk averse)?  Anyway,  I feel as I am back on track.

This week the Queensland Masters had their yearly awards.  Great to see Peter Reeves win the middle distance award.  I was greatly pleased to see quiet achiever, Col McLeod, win the long-distance award.  I have so much respect for Col.  He has been a major influence for my running.   Great athlete and top bloke.





No comments:

Post a Comment